TIE AND DYE
AIM-TO learn the method of dyeing a cotton fabric.
EQIPMENT---A dye bar, a small bowl, water, a wooden spoon, a muslin cloth, tubs for
rinsing, stove, the dye and some chemicals.
INGREDIENTS--vat dye , hydro , caustic soda ,water.
PREPARATION OF THE DYING--
- wet the white cotton cloth for dying.
- take dye in a small bowl and pour hot water and make a solution.
- in the hot water first put hydro and then caustic soda, dye solution.
- cloth must be wet before immersion . open out the cloth and then immerse in the dye bath.
- boil the cloth in the solution.
- rinse the cloth until the water of the last rinse is cleared.
- the moisture must be squeezed out of the cloth.
- outdoor quick drying in a shady place is necessary.